picture
of a pumpkinpicture
of a pumpkinpicture
of a pumpkinpicture
of a pumpkinpicture
of a pumpkin

Twitter / AMPBooking

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Business Plan Development


I have been developing AMP Booking for the last 5 years but just in the last year I made the company official. Making a business plan for my company has helped me organizes the company’s goals and financial plan. After braking down each part of the business it made me realize if I make goals and a plan to reach these goals I have a better chance in reaching each goal. There is a large return on booking and promoting concerts in Chicago but the hard part is trying to get people to believe in me and my company can put on great shows. With such a large market just having a little peace of it will be pleating to get the company up and running. This course helped me understand what people want in a business and how to get people what they need. I know many of venues in Chicago that need help with booking concerts and finding talent. But they have to believe I will bring them what they want. If this is done right both people win but if it is done wrong there can be some big loses.

They’re where not many challenges that I had to overcome to complete this detailed business plan. The reason for this is because I do research on venues and bands all the time in the city. Also the company has been up and running for about 6 months and I know what works and does not work and what we need. The larges change is breaking into this lager market with no backing. I feel by breaking each part of the business has helped. The larges challenge in doing research for the company is finding out what the computation is paying bands and venues. There is no public record of what bands get paid and what venues take for a shows. There are industry standers but when starting you can’t tack a gamble on an artist. Also there is know set way of doing this kind of business just an idea that can be built on.

This program has helped me understand a lot about the entertainment business and where it is going in the future. The course that has helped me develop my business the best is Storytelling and Brand Development. Before this course I did not understand the impotents of developing the Brand of a business and the storyline. This is where I cam up with my slogan and what I want my brand to represent. AMP Booking is a personal and detailed booking company that puts everything it cans into each concert. I want people to know when they see the AMP Booking logo on a show poster they know it will be a great show and they will have a great time. The other courses the made me think a lot about where the industry is going in the future is Mobile Marketing and Commerce. This course made me understand a lot of print ads are died and the new thing is mobile marketing, but the mobile marketing has to be personal and not just junk mail on your phone. Also now I know that Japan has way better mobile technology then the U.S. and that mobile marking has just started in the U.S.

Overall I loved the EBMS and I have enjoyed every part of each course. It has been a lot of work but is has made me understand what I want to do in this industry and how to get there. I feel the most important part of this program is that it sets you up to run your own business when it is all over. Even if you don’t start a business you know have the skills to understand how a business works and tools to make the best of it. To be honest I tell people about this program all the time because it has put me in a great position to work in this industry for a long time. It might not be under my company but I will be happy to work in the industry I love.



AMP Booking LLC Links

Facebook

Myspace

Twitter

Blogger

Reverb Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment